loryces online

Had my second celebration of Thanksgiving today. Didn't have fun at all. Slept the whole time we were in my aunt's house. The only time I'm awake was when we were eating. Goes to say I'm not a party person at all. Or probably there's no one I could hang out with, who has the same wavelength as I am.

My mom and aunt asked me if I would want to study nursing here. HELLO! Kaya nga ako nag-PT eh kasi ayoko ng nursing. I hate needles. I hate blood. And I hate doctors. As a PT intern those blasted doctors gave me frustrating experiences. We were trained not only as PTs but as "thinking" PTs -- to evaluate and assess our patients individually with care, NOT by disorder. If, for example, we have 8 patients per day and everyone of them presents with low back pain, we are to consider a lot of different factors -- their lifestyle, mechanism and distribution of pain, history, among others. It goes to say that if there are different ways of how LBP presents, then there are different ways of treating it. Now these dratted doctors, they have these "combo treatments" -- Combo 1: HMP (hot moist pack) + TENS (transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation); Combo 2: Lumbar traction + HMP; and Combo 3: Ultrasound + lumbar traction. Hello! Parang di pinag-isipan eh. Yes you may have to use these modalities pero naman, isipin naman kung para saan at kung ano talaga kelangan!

Hey I remember another blooper one of these doctors did. The doctor's from PHC. He prescribed toe wriggling to a patient who's an MTP (metatarsophalangeal) amputee. To those unfamiliar, pinutulan sya ng toes, and imagine, toe wriggling as an exercise!

Tapos ngayon I have to study nursing, when I'm sure gonna be at the beck and call of the doctors. No way man!

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home