loryces online

I hate it when people keep on putting you down, underestimating your ability. You know you're more than what she's trying to picture and you know that you shouldn't let her get to you. Yesterday we visited someone who's been in the same predicament as I am. She and her friend taught me how to do this and that. They even let me borrow some of their books. I am thankful, believe me. But after that, this friend asked me questions about my credentials: where I graduated, what were my grades, what were my subjects and such. I responded, as politely as I could. "Well I took some Zoology, Organic Chemistry, Algebra, and Human Anatomy. My grades were mostly this and this," I said. I didn't mention all of my subjects, lest they label me as mayabang. And this ignoramus, well sorry but she is to me, told me "Ah Zoology. Naku ang Biology dito, nde lang basta halaman ha." (Biology here is not just about plants.) What the heck!? Biology is the science of living systems; botany, the study of plant life and zoology, with animal life. Any high school student would know that. Duh. But still she proceeded with "Alam mo ba ang neuron, basal ganglia, nephron, active transport, etc.?" Uhm, let me just tell you, I'm a freaking Physical Therapy graduate, an Allied Health profession. Did you hear that?! HEALTH!! Do you think my school would let me graduate if I didn't know what a f*cking neuron is?!? There is no available smiley that greatly conveys what I'm feeling right now so I just have to do with this. But anyway, let's just say the entire conversation was not very pleasant, at least for me. My hand was itching to throw the hardbound Intermediate Algebra book across the room into her face. And you know what, my hands are still itching.

But this isn't right. I let her get to me in the end. I'll show her. That's a promise, not only for her, but mostly for me.


I'm a PT. I KNOW I'm better than this.

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home