loryces online

A Change is What I Need



Changing your ISP is really a hassle.



a) Losing all your favorite links means searching for them again (if ever you find them)

b) Being unable to read and reply to some emails sent to my previous email, which btw, is now suspended (it figures)

c) Being used to the Compuserve layout, it might take a while before I get used to the primary browser our ISP provided

d) Figuring out what CSS attributes work and won't work in the SBC Yahoo browser (which may be slightly different to other browsers meaning I have to take into account at least 5 different platforms before doing any changes to my site)

e) Trouble-shooting events: different problems, different solutions. Where do I start?!?



But I'm not complaining. Not really. I love it: figuring how this certain process works, exploring the different services they offer, doing this or that. It's not that bad. 'Twas a bit tricky configuring our accounts but that's understandable. I'm loving it. I even got to merge my existing Yahoo account with an SBC Dial member ID. This means whenever I log on using SBC Dial (or even DSL), I'll be logging onto my Yahoo account too. No more separate log-ins. But alas I think I'll be taking another "vacation." It's the release of the Two Towers Extended Edition DVD tomorrow and I'm sure I'll be devoting the entire week in watching it. Kainis I haven't even started checking and deleting my emails, visiting and moderating forums, and blog-hopping. I think I need a week before I can do all these tapos ngayon I'm off to Middle-earth naman.


LOTR NEWS


  • "Into the West" -- click here! -- sung by Annie Lennox, the final song of the final movie of the LOTR films. Prepare Kleenex!

  • TTT Extended Edition will be released tomorrow!!!

  • The Philippine Tolkien Society will be co-sponsoring a Return of the King premiere!!!

  • The Philippine Tolkien Society made it (again) to TORN's frontpage!!!

  • Less than a month of waiting for ROTK!!!

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home