loryces online

Random Thoughts

We went to the annual celebration of "Simbang Gabi" here in our parish. It was organized by the Filipino Christian Community together with the Our Lady of Ransom Church. We celebrated mass that day, complete with Christmas and church songs sung in Filipino. That mass brought tears to my eyes: I miss listening to those Filipino songs. After the mass, we were treated to a salu-salo, a pre-Christmas buffet. The organizers also provided entertainment and I was surprised that the assigned people performed Filipino folk dances. Now I really miss the Philippines! During this time of the year, I bet the Christmas spirit in the Philippines is in full bloom. The puto bumbong, bibingka, parols, Simbang Gabi, Noche Buena. I miss those things.



---------

It's the 22nd of December. Funny, I never noticed the passing of days. In 3 days, it'll be Christmas and I bet I wouldn't notice it, if not for the Christmas tree in our living room, looking up at me and saying "Hey it's Christmastime! How are you feeling today?" It's stressing to think that we are required to be happy when in fact, you had a bad year.


--------

Talked to my Dad earlier. They docked yesterday at the Manila Bay and they'll be staying there for 24 hours. My mom, my sis and bro grabbed this chance to be with him since it'll be another year or two before Dad finishes his contract. We discussed about me studying and, I don't know if there's a hint of surprise or something, but because of that talk I felt guilty. I'm supposed to be working right now, earning my living, and helping him with the expenses. But no, I'm here, another pabigat to not one, but two families. Gad, I just hope nothing's worse than this.

---------

I chickened out. I'm supposed to ask my aunt if we could watch TTT today. Unfortunately, she had a bad temper earlier. MUST try tomorrow.

--------

And yeah

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home