loryces online

I have this new friend and she wrote a very timely and good post about racism and such. I tried commenting but I don't think it came through. I guess I have to say my piece here and hope she visits this someday. You know what, I can't agree more. What you wrote, it's very true. I've seen and even experienced a lot of this racism sh*t. One time, when it was Halloween here, we went to a town party (I forgot what they called it). Anyway, all the families within the town of Niles were invited to participate. There's food and freebies for everyone and even games for the kids. Now there's this game wherein the kid is supposed to shoot a ball into a basket. Each kid has one chance to shoot the ball. Once you win, you're given a glow-in-the-dark stick. Anyway, me and my cousins fell in line and waited for our turn. As we waited, I noticed that all the white kids were given a second chance whilst the other 'non-white' kids were not. And I'm not only talking about Filipino kids. I'm talking about ALL the kids who aren't white. Kainis di ba? At a young age, kids are exposed to this kind of shi*t. There's also this incident which I don't know if it's racism or not, but I'll tell you anyway since it irritates the hell out of me. We went to this hospital to apply as a CNA. Inside the building, there's this attendant who is a real bruha. My aunt talked to her in behalf of me. And this attendant pointed at me and said, "Can she understand English?" Susme, nagpanting ang tenga ko! Hmph! Gad these people are soo unbelievable!! It IS really ironic: they're celebrating Martin Luther King Jr.'s birthday today.

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home