loryces online

So Friggin Tired

I was so tired yesterday I didn't even go online when I went home from school. Looking back at what I did the whole morning, I'm surprised to note that I only had one patient the entire day. When I was a PT back home, I could handle about 6 patients/day for 5 consecutive days. Besides the evaluation/treatment itself, we have progress/SOAP notes to write and pass, aftercare of equipment, and still have time to take surprise quizzes. I even had 15 or so patients during my PGH days *shudders at the memory*. But now, after that one patient, I can barely lift a muscle. I was so tired -- we were all tired, I should say. Being a CNA must be the most difficult job there ever is in the medical field. Imagine doing all the activities for the patient -- oral hygiene, bed bath, perineal care (ewww!), feeding, dressing, transferring from bed to wheelchair, and draining the urine -- without any help from him... AT ALL. Come to think of it, I had a partner when I handled him. I just had that one patient... the ENTIRE day. I was just a student, training as a CNA. What more if I didn't have a partner? What more if I had about 8 patients/day? What more if I'm an employee? Whew.

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home