loryces online

When Disaster Strikes



I'm home alone. I wanted to cook something -- anything that doesn't come out of a box or a can. Then again, I really don't know how to cook Pinoy specialty foods like adobo or sinigang so I opted for the next possible thing: torta. Not just any kind of torta but a corned beef torta. I figured I could handle this. It's easy as 1-2-3. Open the can. Dice the potatoes. Add egg. Mix. Fry. How hard is that? Little did I know, I'm really a dimwit when it comes to cooking.



You know it's a disaster:

  • when you can't open a goddamn can of corned beef: it's either you break the key or you try to open it using a knife with a not-so-sharp edge;

  • when you're so desperate to eat because you wasted an hour trying to open that goddamn can with all the methods and tools you can think of;

  • when you forgot to check if there are any eggs (which in my case, there are no eggs);

  • when you saved the mixture and hid it inside the freezer (behind a package of asparagus and just-heat-in-the-microwave dish) in the hope that you could cook it some other day.



Blast it. I just want a corned beef torta. Is that too much to ask?!

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home