loryces online

GAIMAN-IA





Yup that's Neil Gaiman alright. This picture is in the latest Entertainment Weekly with a 2-page article about him. He looks like a cross between Alan Rickman and a James Bond villain cast in a Matrix movie. Hey that's his own words. Check it out on his blog how this happened. But still you've got to agree -- the man looks uberlicious! Even at 42, he still is handsome -- one of the many reasons why he's a favorite. Of course the primary reason is he's so damn good in writing and re-weaving stories that you'll ask for more. A lot of people, during book signings, are willing to wait forever just to have a glimpse (and a signature) of him. When I read his short story "Snow, Glass, Apples" last year, I was transformed into a Gaiman-iac overnight. I even bought his latest work, Endless Nights, which costs more than what I usually spend on books (which is a first for me since I'm considered kuripot).



BTW to Gaiman-atics out there, here's a Gaiman purity test. It turns out I'm 70% pure and 30% corrupt in the Gaiman domain. I don't know what the results mean but heck, I just used it as a checklist.



And right now I'm listening to a Tori Amos song, Horses. Why Tori Amos? Well she's a friend of Neil. And why this particular song? Well at the time when Neil was writing Stardust, he says Tori allowed him to stay at her house to work, on the condition that he write her into the book as a tree, which he did. She mentioned it in one of her songs. And that song is Horses and she sings, "Will you find me if Neil makes me a tree?" Cool noh.


---------



I am SO geeky at the moment. I can't believe I did what I did earlier -- I examined the ROTK trailer frame by frame. Haha.

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home