loryces online

Lola in Trouble, Granddaughter Scared to Death

Geez that sounded like a headline in some newspaper. Anyway I had a scare two days ago. My aunt and my grandma just got from the doctor that day. That afternoon, while we were giving her (my granny) some food, we (my aunt and I) noticed that my Grandma seems to be confused and disoriented. She just stares into space and doesn't seem to recognize us. We asked her things like "Who am I?," "What date is today?," "What happened earlier?" and some questions that would orient her to reality. She was just able to answer the "who" questions. This prompted a panic. I checked her BP (turned out ok; stroke ruled out), her temperature (no problem there), and her movements (slightly sluggish). However we really couldn't pinpoint the cause of my Lola's condition. All we had to do was to wait and to pray that somehow whatever's causing this would abate. We were fearing for the worst, that my Lola is probably going to the hospital. And then, in one moment, I suddenly couldn't stand it... I locked myself in the bathroom and cried my eyes out. I couldn't bear seeing my grandmother suffer. For her to not know what's happening with her body and to be helpless about it really hurt me. Ayun napaiyak ako. Took me almost a good ten minutes of crying. (It was really hard to cry and not be able to lean on a shoulder.)

Anyway I'm asking you, dear readers and friends, to pray for my Lola.

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home