loryces online

The Eowyn Challenge: The Ultimate Sacrifice to Fandom

I started this project today. It's a Weight Watchers program -- the Walk to Rivendell: Eowyn Challenge -- wherein fans are encouraged to walk a 600 mile-trek from Hobbiton to Rivendell. When I first saw this program in TORn, I wasn't a bit interested. I thought you're supposed to enroll in a gym. But a lot of people or members of this mailing list I belong to are so enthusiastic about the Eowyn Challenge that I finally decided to research about it some more. Needless to say, one of the reasons it got me interested is that it's LOTR-related. A was a bit shocked though that it's 600 miles. Rivendell pa lang yan ha!! What more if it's Gondor or even Mordor?! Dibale, it's ok I guess. This will be my ultimate sacrifice for the name of fandom. Eeeep! Anyway, like I said, I just started today -- a measly 2 miles. 598 miles more to go. Hee hee. My goal right now is to reach the 25-mile mark -- the distance from Hobbiton to Green Hill Country. From the house, it's a mile to Golf Mill and another mile back. (Golf Mill pala is a mall.) Yeah, yeah I know the mall is just a mile from here and still I didn't think of this project before pa. Well, better late than never, I always say. Syempre when I reached the mall, being the gastadora that I am, I window-shopped este shopped na pala mismo. Actually, it's my plan to go to the mall from the very beginning. Two birds in one stone -- losing weight and shopping. Nuninuninuni... Anyway, I went to this bookstore, Waldenbooks, and inquired about the Harry Potter Book 5. I joined their Preferred Reader program, reserved myself a copy of HP 5 and instantly won myself a 40% discount. Woohoo! Plus they have a party on the 21st. Yikes! I also browsed through the bookstore and saw a LOT of Tolkien merchandise -- the Hobbit/LOTR Collector's Edition, the Art of the Fellowship of the Ring and Two Towers, the movie guide, hardbound books of Sil and HoME, etc. If not for the thought of my parents and siblings, I would have bought all these merchandise right there and then. I guess they have to wait... I meant the merchandise, not my parents/siblings. Kayo ha.

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home