loryces online

Chicago, Chicago



As an opening sequence, I'm supposed to post a picture of the train station and some sights along the way. But since my pencam decided to go bonkers on me, sorry ako (at kayo). Anyway let me just post some of the notes (and thoughts) I jotted down whilst walking along Michigan Avenue in downtown Chicago.




9:02 I'm on my way to Skokie Swift. I'm almost there! *kaba*

9:05 Uh how do I do this again?! (inserting the transit card thingie)

9:10 Here comes the train (This is the train that will take me to Howard -- from which I'm going to board another train towards downtown Chicago)! I'm really doing it. I'm going to Chicago by myself. Me and me alone. God help me.

9:25 *change of train -- my destination is about an hour from here, almost 20 stops*

10:00 *arrives at Washington Avenue* Whew! I did it. First phase is done. Ok now where do I go again?!

10:05 *at the Philippine Consul* Uh-oh have to go back again. Misspelled word. Uy more time to explore. But first have to call tita to let her know about the change of plans.

10:30 *picture-picture*



art institute of chicago



11:10 This a friggin' city but I can't find a friggin' phone booth!

11:15 *enters the Art Institue of Chicago* Yes a phone booth! *inserts coins and dials* Uh-oh it won't accept my coins. What to do, what to do? Ah phonecard. But where?!

11:45 *hingal* There's Osco Drug. Do you have a phonecard miss? Give me the cheapest you have. *walks back to the art institute*

12:10 Finally placed a call to my tita. Trip extended for 2 more hours. Yipeee! Time to explore.



john hancock building wrigley building
chicago sun times building magnificent mile



BTW this area is named the "Magnificent Mile." It was coined by Arthur Rubloff for the grand stretch of office towers, stores, and residential buildings on North Michigan Avenue between the Chicago River and Oak Street Beach.



2:40 Ow my foot. Ow my tummy.

2:45 Seattle's Best Coffee!! Ah the memories. *buys coffee and sandwich for take out*

3:00 Going home now.



... And a goodbye shot from the station. (That's the only pic I have of this trip.)





I swear I went to Chicago!



*Photos courtesy of this site and this site unless otherwise noted. (Blasted pencam)

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home