loryces online

A Few Moments with Myself in Chicago




I had a wonderful time today in downtown Chicago (or so I thought). Will be posting a detailed entry later about my adventures, complete with mishaps and miscues. But right now, I just have to rant because I'm totally pissed off. No, no, no it has nothing to do with the trip. My trip was fine -- more than fine. It was a wonderful, exhilarating break from the harsh reality of being a professional bum. Let's just say I almost banged my camera on the window of the train I'm riding on. Hmm, actually no, not really. What I REALLY wanted to do was place that blasted pencam right in the middle of the train tracks. Why?! Well let's just say I DON'T friggin' have any pictures right now of my Chicago trip. Oh, I took pictures, don't worry -- a LOT of pictures, around 20 or so. There are pictures of the crowd, of the skycrapers, of old and new buildings, of the marina, even the blasted pigeons. Where are they? Well that's the problem. I don't know. I friggin' don't know how or why it happened, but when I turned on my pencam this one last time for a goodbye shot of the station, (guess what?) there are NO pictures. None, nada, nothing, zilch, wala. Don't ask me, don't ask my hands. For certain, I didn't do it. I hope.






Kakainis talaga. Bwiset.







I am not a professional photographer. Far from it. But I deserve to have my pictures. You deserve to see them. I want you to see them -- even the blasted pigeons. I want to share with you the things I saw with my own eyes, the moments I captured using my pencam. And I want to see them too. The memories are not enough. I want to see proof of it -- that I went to Chicago on my own (that I really did it, me who's so geographically challenged, who's so afraid of almost everything), that I saw these wonderful miracles, even the blasted pigeons. But I guess it's just wasn't meant to be.






Oh well, it's a good thing I took down notes. Later, watch out for another entry of my Chicago trip.




0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home