loryces online
Winter is Here!

Yay! I have finally gotten around in finalizing that much-delayed winter lay-out. Winter has officially started last Dec 21 and just this Christmas, was I able to have an inspiration in making a template. Needless to say, it's both a winter and LOTR-themed one. The picture I used was done by Ted Nasmith -- an illustration of Frodo Baggins and Samwise Gamgee trekking in Emyn Muil. (That's how I feel whenever winter is here. B-r-r-r.) This illustration is special to me because this was the cover of my first Two Towers book (I got 3 different sets of my beloved trilogy already). Just looking at it is enough for me to feel the chill in my bones. The text above are my favorite lines from the song "Into the West" by Annie Lennox -- a beautifully rendered theme of the Return of the King movie which never fails to make me wistful. Wistful of Pinas, of my family and friends, of my life back in the Philippines. Sigh.