loryces online
Crossing Boundaries

Ever since I can remember, I've been afraid of shots, of needles, any sharp objects related to medicine. But you know what? Luck is on my side; bad luck that is. Tomorrow we'll be starting on a new topic and you guessed it -- it'll be about administering injections. Sheesh. All my sympathetic nervous system can think of is my flight response:



Ah what the hell. I know I'll be doing this sooner or later. Might as well do it ASAP. Let's get it over with. I guess it's time to step out of my comfort zone and, as Vienna Teng said, I've got to "meet my storm."



And so I leave to you a song from Vienna Teng's new album, Warm Strangers. I think it's a fitting tribute to anyone who's afraid of leaving their boundaries. C'mon let's chase our horizons, no matter the distance.


Harbor

by Vienna Teng



we're here where the daylight begins

the fog on the streetlight slowly thins

water on water's the way

the safety of shoreline fading away



sail your sea

meet your storm

all I want is to be your harbor

the light in me

will guide you home

all I want is to be your harbor



fear is the brightest of signs

the shape of the boundary you leave behind

so sing all your questions to sleep

the answers are out there in the drowning deep



you've got a journey to make

there's your horizon to chase

so go far beyond where we stand

no matter the distance

I'm holding your hand

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home