loryces online
Afflicted with the Shopping Bug

Went shopping today. I heard there are a lot of products on sale in Golf Mill. Bought some things I really needed; some, however, are unadulterated splurging. Hee.







This has got to be my most favorite purchase today. I finally bought my own winter jacket. The ones I've been using for the past 2 years are from my aunt's and frankly, I just wanted my own. I really like this one because you can use it in all kinds of weather (except summer of course). It's completely reversible which is really neat -- one side is nylon, the other is wool. It has pockets on both sides, a removable hood, and it's quite snug. All these for just $25. Convert that to Philippine peso and I know you would be gasping but believe me, it really is a deal. Jackets and sweaters are usually in the $50-$100 range. I'm pretty lucky I found this one. It would have been better though if I had my SSS#. You see, that jacket can be reduced to $10 less than its actual price IF I apply for a Sears (that's where I bought it) credit card. Problem is, I need an SSN to be eligible for the card. Sayang. Anyway I just had a thought -- if only finding a perfect boyfriend was as easy as finding this perfect jacket, that would be nice. Hehe.






Now regarding this bag, I confess I acted on pure fancy, not reason. I was looking for a tote bag and none of the ones I saw matched what I wanted. It's either too big, too small, not good color combination, or not good quality. I was about to settle for the next best thing when I saw this bag! It was so pretty that, without thinking about it, I grabbed it off the shelf and brought it to the cashier. Cute kasi eh, sale pa (sort of).








Went also to Waldenbooks to renew my membership. I ended up buying 5 books. Don't fret. I just hovered over the super-sale shelf. My, my --- all the books in the super discounted area are 90% off. Books for $1 only -- huwow. So of course, what any shopaholic would do, I bought 5 books (buy 4, get 1 eh) and all of them totaling to only $8. Ha. Imagine that. You couldn't even buy a decent paperback with that price.


Shopping is fun especially if it's sale season. I was wondering though, we do spend a lot more than we would normally buy during sale season right? I mean instead of just buying one item, we end up buying more than that because "it's on sale! Makakamura tayo!" Hmm ironic because we end up spending a lot more than what we planned in the first place.

11 comment(s):
At 2:36 AM, Blogger starlitgrove commented...

You are so right about spending more during sale season than during normal days. Sometimes, we even end up buying junk, or things we wont really use, just because they're on sale. But a booksale is a totally different thing. I love booksales! I usually go broke on them (remembers recent Powerbooks sale and shudders). =p

 
At 3:34 AM, Blogger wurlocke commented...

I've got one word for you : JEALOUS

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger Dr. Emer commented...

The jacket is a good buy, loryces! :) Though I can probably show you other choices (parkas, too) in my suki in southside Chicago. 'Was there last year and bought 3 reversible jackets for $45, bale tig-$15 bawat isa. Cool buy din. :) Next year pa ako punta dyan.

Your choice of books are excellent. Problem is, di ba malapit na pasukan? Can you still read those? :)

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger Dr. Emer commented...

PS. Me Auntie Ann's pa din ba sa food court ng Golf Mills? 1-2 times pa lang ako nakapunta dyan, and yes, I ate pretzels. :)

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger Unknown commented...

Wow! Tama si Pia! Inggit! I couldn't imagine you using that girly bag though, Lau. Heehee!

 
At 11:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous commented...

I see you are getting to read Kundera's Unbearable Lightness. Go ahead, but make sure not to miss out The Joke, which is a better work, I think.

How's Lightman's Einstein?

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger loryces commented...

tala: same here. basta books ok lang gumastos ng gumastos hehe.


pia: :)


doc: $45 for 3 jackets!? that is a good buy! where did you buy those jackets???

onga eh lapit na ng pasukan. siguro i'll read them next summer na or sa winter break hehe.

yep may auntie ann's pa rin sa golf mill. hmm that reminds me, it's been awhile since i tasted those. :)


galenlondeien: actually ako din di ko ma-imagine but i really liked the bag so ayun binili ko. :)


anonymous (whoever you are): i love Lightman's Einstein!!! i might post a separate review for that. ganda eh.


thanks for dropping by guys!

 
At 12:56 AM, Blogger Balbonics commented...

Hey nice jacket! Good deal! (Actually lahat good deal!) :)

 
At 11:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous commented...

thanks! :)

 
At 2:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous commented...

hmm, that html tagging looks familiar... :P

you'd love it at the house i'm staying in now. my housemates are voracious readers. :)

-- rej

 
At 11:41 PM, Blogger loryces commented...

hehe thanks sa code! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home