loryces online
Personality Types

A comment made by a reader in my previous post led me to further investigate what personality type I belong. I may not entirely believe all the things said about each and every type; it's uncomfortable, to an extent, being put in one box, so to speak, and being expected to act that way. I believe that bits and pieces of each personality type can be found within each of us; although of course, one type dominates. Sometimes it's easier if you know your place -- it makes life easier... somehow. Anyway I think I got confused and lost myself among the myriad of these personality types -- ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ, ESFJ, ISFJ, ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ, ESTP, ISTP, ESFP, and ISFP. At first, I thought I belong to the ESFJ category. However, as pointed out by my reader, I'm introverted. When I read and re-read the traits for each type, I found out that I really belong to the ISFJ category... sa totoo lang parang nakahinga ako ng maluwag. I guess the reason why I didn't realize it earlier is because of the inaccurate details in another website. Although some traits are right on.


ISFJs need positive feedback from others. In the absence of positive feedback, or in the face of criticism, the ISFJ gets discouraged, and may even become depressed. When down on themselves or under great stress, the ISFJ begins to imagine all of the things that might go critically wrong in their life. They have strong feelings of inadequacy, and become convinced that "everything is all wrong", or "I can't do anything right."

Oooh this is me. This is scary. Some of my friends may not know this but this is really what I'm feeling at present (which, frankly, started about two years ago).


They do not usually express their own feelings, keeping things inside. If they are negative feelings, they may build up inside the ISFJ until they turn into firm judgments against individuals which are difficult to unseed, once set.

Uy ako din to! Usually people would think that I'm being a snob because I don't usually go out of my way to greet and interact with them. Sometimes I get catatonic and simply refuse to utter a word. Di rin ako mushy. :D


This special ability, combined with their sensitivity to other's feelings and desires, makes them very likely to be great gift-givers - finding the right gift which will be truly appreciated by the recipient.

I find this true. I don't give generic gifts if I can help it. For me, that's a blatant disregard for other people. If you are to give a gift, why not what your friend wants, right?


The ISFJ is extremely dependable.

Not me though. If my aunt had her way, I would be dead by now. I know for a fact that I'm the least responsible person in our family. I just hate responsibility.


This is neat. You never know what your attitudes/traits are unless someone pointed them to you. Anyway what personality type do you belong to?

3 comment(s):
At 6:45 PM, Blogger Unknown commented...

I've read that book, Liann. I'm a Melancholic-Phlegmatic. :)

 
At 6:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous commented...

from dominattyrix:

ako naman choleric, heheh

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger Ina N commented...

ako, infp. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home