loryces online
Current Raves

I have a new favorite subject -- Microbiology. I know it's been ages (high school actually) since I last handled a microscope and had lab sessions involving microorganisms. I never thought I would do it again. When I had my first Microbio session, I was a bit nervous since I can't quite remember how to operate a microscope. However, as soon as I got my scope from the rack, it was a matter of time before it all came back to me. I immediately knew how to adjust the coarse adjustment knob, bringing the subject into focus. I immediately knew how to manipulate the eyepiece and the slide adjustment thingie. I immediately knew how to switch from low-power to high power lens and use the fine adjustment knob. It may not seem much but when you're someone who had little or no experience with a microscope, it could be a bit unnerving. Sa totoo lang, naaliw ako. Anyway besides my new found desire to handle a microscope, I also enjoyed preparing slides -- inoculating bacteria, putting a sample and heat-fixing it on the slide, staining it, and viewing it on the scope. Ang cool! Last week I had the chance to view a sample of my cheek cells and an Escherichia coli colony. Palpak nga lang ang pag-gram stain ko kasi nasobrahan ang paglagay ko ng stain but it's okie. I have the whole semester to perfect the technique. I'm really looking forward to an enjoyable Microbio course.




The movie Hero was released in Asia in 2002 but not here in the US. I thought it was shown earlier than Asia's release date and I just missed it. I was forever pestering my relatives for a bootleg since I can't find ANY copy at all in the US. The fact that I can't find any copies of it, whether in Target, a rental store, or even the library confused me. It was when I browsed my Yahoo page that I found out that it wasn't shown here at all. The actual release date in the US was August 27, which was last Friday. Needless to say, I was dumbfounded. According to IMDB, "the film never materialized even after Miramax acquired the U.S. distribution rights in 2002." Ah basta, whatever the reasons are for this, I care for only one thing: I'M GOING TO WATCH THIS TOMORROW! Wheee!

7 comment(s):
At 12:28 AM, Blogger loryces commented...

i'm sure i will! excited na ko! :D

 
At 3:43 AM, Blogger ajay commented...

well, did u like hero? ok lang siya sa akin, esp. the flying stunts..;)

 
At 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous commented...

dominattyrix says:

oooooh i loved hero. may part 2 na nga ito eh, tho si zahng zi yi na ang bida.

i *heart* maggie cheung! and the texture/color in this film is really beautiful. breathtaking!

mas gusto ko ito sa crouching tiger but that's just MY opinion.

enjoy! :-)

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger tintin commented...

(aka pinayhekmi)

So what'd you think? BTW, we got the DVD a year ago but went through Amazon.com for it!

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger Unknown commented...

I love "Hero"! More than I like "Crouching Tiger..." :)

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger lifecafe commented...

good thing you heard about the US release of hero! i found out about a month ago that they were abour to release it there, but i forgot to mention it to you. hope you liked it. :) like many others, i liked it better than crouching tiger, hidden dragon. but i liked crouching tiger's soundtrack better...

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger loryces commented...

i like it!!! :) i might post a review sometime soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home