loryces online
Ramblings on a Cold Day

I don't particularly like the first day of classes. Usually it's the 'introduce yourself' session and I'm not partial to it. I most definitely prefer if we jump right into the subject matter. I just hate drawing attention to myself.




I'm a member/lurker of a Filipino Therapists Yahoo group. One day while I was browsing through the current messages, I chanced upon a number of emails asking for help regarding credentialing agencies in the US, visa processing, information about PT jobs in the UK, New Zealand, and Australia, and preparation for the NPTE. It is just sad NOT to see a single email regarding the PT practice in the Philippines. No info about job opportunities or volunteer work. No questions about how we can expand the practice. No swapping of stories about the patients. Nakakalungkot lang. Saw this too:


I doubt it if they have good teachers in the Philippines for the NPTE. How could they teach if they have not taken it? Also, what are they doing in the Philippines if they have taken the test already? Make sense. Right?


Tsk, tsk. I know I'm not one to complain because technically, I'm part of the brain drain kahit ayokong aminin. Nakakalungkot lang na eto ang mentality nating mga Pinoy.




(via)


Zhang Ziyi to star in 'Geisha'???
Much as I adore Ziyi, I can't help but be a little doubtful of how she will portray Sayuri. I love "Memoirs of a Geisha" and it would be a sore disappointment if they mutilate it. Oh please, please gandahan naman! Other confirmed people who will be working on it are: Michelle Yeoh as Mameha, Rob Marshall as the director, and Steven Spielberg as the producer.

6 comment(s):
At 3:12 PM, Blogger tintin commented...

(aka pinayhekmi)

Don't forget Ken Wanatabe playing the chairman. Goodness, with a cast this good, it has to be good!

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger Dr. Emer commented...

Memoirs of a Geisha, the movie? Based on experience, the book is always better than the movie. Except for the latest Spiderman Tobey series, which has captured the comic book action and details, I hope this coming Spileberg film will be better.

Yup, sad story din yang mga PT. I think sa dami ng stroke victims dito sa atin, kelangan din ang mga PT, kaso hindi nga lang financially rewarding kaya alam mo na.... :(

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger loryces commented...

pinayhekmi: ay onga, Ken Watanabe will be the chairman! i really, really hope it'll be good! *crosses fingers*

doc: you're right. more often than not, wala pa ring tatalo sa book except in some instances like joy luck club (IMHO) and children of dune series. i hope the memoirs movie will equal the sensational book.

lahat na ata ng health care professions ganito ang nangyayari eh. sobrang nakakalungkot. :(

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger Unknown commented...

medyo doubful nga rin ako eh. pero ok naman sya but then... ewan. sana ma-portray nya nang mabuti. anyways, wala na akong masasabi about the PT thing. kahit ako discouraged na rin to practice what I learned.

 
At 12:58 AM, Blogger Day commented...

hi loryces, when I was in the US, one of my co-worker is studying PT at Shenandoah University in Winchester, VA. which specialty in Pharmacist and PT. She said that they met some filipino PT's and they are really good, infact some of the student from their school come to Philippines to be trained and practiced... just a bit of info.

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger loryces commented...

Galenlondeien: lam mo naiintindihan na kita bout the PT thing. dati-rati i would tell you to hang on and all that crap. pero ngayon, siguro magkikibit-balikat na lang ako. pano nga naman kung di dumating ang opportunity? hirap nun ah.

Day: maganda naman tlga PT program sa Pinas eh (some at least). wala lang kasing enough opportunities for PTs and other medical professions as well. :(

Xenia: thanks for visiting! si maggie cheung naiisip ko naman as mameha. ewan ko ba. sana nga maging ok yung memoirs. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home