loryces online
So Much for the New Year

(c) 2004 Reuters

The deaths caused by the destructive tidal wave has reached 118,000. This is far too unbelievable to be happening, even in my wildest dreams. I watched the news relentlessly for the past days and everytime I see the waves crashing in on anything that is on its way, I can't help but break down and cry. Cry for those we have lost. Cry for those of us who are lucky enough to be alive. Cry for those who are so near the area and yet, by the grace of God, has remained unscathed. How do you start mourning for the loss of over a hundred thousand lives? How do we start anew? I feel guilty for being alive. It doesn't even seem or feel right to do anything else when the world is suffering so.

I hope our school has some donation/relief programs going on when school starts. Donating via web is impossible for me since I don't have a credit or a debit card. I hope I can still help...


Note: Click on the picture. It will lead you to a photoessay of the devastation left by the tidal wave. As for me, I don't have the courage to click it.