loryces online
Ever Seen a Cesarean Delivery?

I have.

Honestly, I didn't know how I got talked into it. Well actually, it was mandatory to watch a cesarean delivery so yeah, I guess I didn't have a choice. Come to think of it, if I did have a choice, I would probably agree to watch a C-section. I mean, I'm not going to have another chance to observe a cesarean delivery anytime soon -- might as well grab the opportunity and get it over with. (BTW, the red humongous thing in the picture? That's the uterus. Amazing huh?)

It was quite an experience observing how a CS is done. After prepping up the patient on the operating table and the tools and necessary equipment, the OB doctor sliced (ngeek parang hamon) the lower abdomen, took out the uterus, sliced it up, yanked the fetus-now-neonate, took out the placenta, manually explored the uterus, and sewed it up (and the abdomen) again. (Sorry if it's not medically accurate but that's the best I can do to describe what I saw from a layman's point of view.) I felt a little bit dizzy (walang halong biro) throughout the procedure especially when I saw the uterus (and the blood) coming out. No wonder the husband didn't stay long -- couldn't bear to see his wife being sliced open. Anyway, overall, it was an uncomplicated delivery. The baby is healthy (I gave him a bath too!) without any abnormalities or medical complications. The whole procedure lasted about 15 minutes although sometimes, according to the charge nurse, the CS procedure could take up to an hour. Yikes.