loryces online

A Tiring Day in Chicago



the magnificent mile in chicago




We went to Chicago earlier today. Had some papers that needed to be translated and notarized ASAP so we decided to go to the Philippine Consulate General in Michigan Avenue in downtown Chicago. Unfortunately, my aunt doesn't want to drive there. She's afraid of the traffic, of the irate taxi drivers, of the pedestrians in that certain area of the city. After this afternoon, I don't blame her. It's like Manila, only it's a bit cleaner. Anyway like I was saying, we went to the Philippine Consulate for the notarization of my papers. My aunt doesn't want to drive all the way to downtown Chicago so we decided to take the train. That's fine by me. I've always wanted to ride in a train ever since I got here. And guess what? I finally told my aunt about my pencam -- so I could take pictures without any guilt whatsoever! Haha. But idiotic me, I forgot to load my pencam with fresh batteries! Of all the rotten luck. Sigh. Anyway, yun nga. When we arrived at the office, the first thing I saw was a poster of GMA's face! I know a lot of you would laugh, but I felt almost relieved to see it. So anyway, there we were asking for a translation and notarization of my papers but alas! It costs $25 -- per document, per process. Wow. Needless to say, we just opted for the translation of my diploma. We will just have to find a cheaper price for the notarization ek-ek.



After that bit of an errand, we then decided to roam around the city for a while instead of heading straight back home. And wow! It seems the city has changed since I last went here. Or maybe not. It looked and felt different for a start. Or maybe it's just me. For the first time, I'm just amazed by it all. I'm such a city girl. I won't be posting anything about it though. You just have to wait for the pictures. Hehe. They're worth a thousand (or more) words anyway.


Oh and btw, I will have to go back by Wednesday, to pick up the translation from the Consulate. I asked my aunt if I can go by myself. I really want to. It's such an adventure going to Chicago -- and all by myself for that matter if I can manage to convince my aunt! This time, I would bring a LOT of spare batteries.

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home