loryces online
Christmas Surprises



These are just some of my LOTR hoard I got this Christmas -- a LOTR journal from a classmate and a LOTR movie pin from the cousin of a cousin. I didn't expect to get anything remotely related to LOTR this year, especially not from people whom I barely know. Just goes to say that being a LOTR fanatic will be one of the things, if not the main thing, they will remember most about me. Just last year, a blogmate (who, incidentally, is a collegemate too) asked her sister if she knows me personally. The sister replied "The LOTR fanatic?" Ooops busted.



Another surprise this Holiday season is me writing letters and diary entries. For some it may not be as surprising as it should be. But take note, I never liked writing snail mail. I never had a diary. I never did enjoy doing these things. My mom has to really force me to write at least a paragraph to my dad who, for years, was in some other country. My friends have not received anything from the mail from me during the past year -- except for email, that is. I guess writing letters, for me, have this connotation of being cheesy and sentimental and I hate feeling that way. Ugh. But for some reason, I decided to write to my friends this Christmas. I tell you, ALL of them were surprised! Hmm no, I think that's an understatement. Let's try again -- They were flabbergasted to receive something from me! ME!!! But I can't blame them for thinking that way. Even I was amazed that I actually sent at least a dozen of those Christmas cards. But you know what? The most astonishing thing is I enjoyed it. I really did. I so loved the feeling of being able to send letters to people that I'll probably do it again and again and again... I just hope they'll respond.