loryces online
Nag-Christmas na?!

Christmas has passed and I barely even felt it. Who did anyway? With a lot of problems (and few solutions) in our lives, I don't think a lot would mind not celebrating Christmas this year. I certainly did not. Oh bugger! This is no way to think or feel about Christmas! This is not about me. It should be about other people. That's the true spirit of Christmas is it not? Thinking about other people's welfares AND counting blessings not shortcomings -- that's what it's all about. Well even though I have a lot of things to wish for this Christmas, I think I should be listing things that, having escaped my mind, I should be thankful for -- things that matter in the long run (most of them anyway). Anyway here's my list. What's yours?



I'm thankful, this Christmas, for:

5. being able to celebrate the Holidays with my relatives. I know it's hard not being with my family but somehow it's ok. At least I have my Grandma and my aunt and my cousins with me. They make everything bearable. I got it lucky I know and for that, I'm grateful. And even though my family is in Pinas, I'm still happy knowing that they're all safe.

4. friends, here or abroad, offline or online, old or new. For me to find them and for them to extend their friendship to me is really one of the greatest gifts I could ever have. For my friends, wherever you are, miss ko na kayo!!

3. having lots of Tolkien goodies. You wouldn't expect me to leave that out now, do you??

2. having watched Return of the King in its opening day with the rest of the Tolkien fanatics in Chicago. Well my aunt could have forbidden me (thank God, she didn't) and for that I'm happy. The experience, the adventure, the smile at the end of the day would make up for all the moots I've missed in Pinas (well, almost but not quite).

1. being alive - Is there anything greater than this reason for being happy and thankful this Christmas?




0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home