loryces online
Meeting Sean Astin...

... last Oct 17 was one of the most memorable experiences I've ever had!!! Anyway before I turn into a complete fangirl, let me start my story...

At 12nn, we arrived at Borders bookstore in Chicago. My friend and I decided to fall in line since the signing is at 2pm. We were dumbfounded when we saw the line. We were a little bit dismayed since it might mean we won't have a chance to meet Sean. I think there were over 200 people in front of us and we know that Sean has to leave at 3:30pm. Signing is at 2 so that leaves us an hour and a half until it's our turn. Pero dibale, basta makamayan ko lang sya, ok na ko -- yun na lang naisip ko eh. To pass the time, I memorized what I was going to say to him. Hehe.

At 1pm, the door near us suddenly opened. Lo and behold! It's Sean Astin! Eeeeek! Wow seeing him in the flesh, RIGHT IN FRONT of you, an arm's length away -- it took all my willpower not to faint (and scream at the same time) then and there. Of course, it was a good photo opportunity. When he got to the front, he started discussing the process of making the book, etc. I didn't have a chance to hear him discuss because we're waaay at the back of the 3rd level. After the discussion, the line started moving. We were only allowed to bring the book for Sean to sign. Such a pity because in other states, fans are allowed to bring another item. However, since Sean was in a hurry, the management at Borders decided that the book was enough.

Anyway when it was my turn, I asked my friend if she can take Sean's picture, with me shaking his hands! I also took his pic using my phone! I can feel my hands shaking, trying to steady myself! After taking his pic, I extended my hand towards him and we shook hands! WE SHOOK HANDS! I almost forgot what I'm supposed to say when I saw him right in front of me. Good thing I had the sense to tell him thank you from TPTS. He told me

Well tell the Philippine Tolkien Society, thank you for the support you've given me.

Gosh I should have recorded it! I must have been so starstruck by then that I forgot all about the voice recorder function of my phone. It was such a thrill being there, talking to him, shaking his hands!! Unbelievable. I wanted to ask him "Can I hug you?" however there were 2 bodyguards beside him. Next time maybe. Anyway I just asked him if he could write my name when he signs my book and he did!

After meeting Sean, my friend and I were all giggles and smiles. It really was fun hanging out with him even for a few minutes. Such a pity since it was just for a little while. It was fun while it lasted though.

More pictures here.

12 comment(s):
At 6:39 AM, Blogger Jax commented...

wow. sean astin? ayos na ayos!

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger lifecafe commented...

omigod omigod omigod!!!
aaaaaaaahh!

now this brought a smile to my face. na-fangirl din ako. haha. :)

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger u l a n commented...

wooohooo!!! you met Mikey!!! The One Goonie!!!! Yahoooooooooo!!!

 
At 10:18 PM, Blogger loryces commented...

it sure was fun guys! :)

 
At 11:18 PM, Blogger Unknown commented...

coolness! pati ako kinilabutan! :p

 
At 3:54 AM, Blogger wurlocke commented...

woman, I am the most jealous person ever. *sigh* heh-heh. That post was so exciting! I'm so glad you got to meet Mr. Astin!! :D

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger loryces commented...

Galenlondeien: sobra! goosebumps all over! :)

Pia: i'm glad too! :)

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Tanya commented...

there's a hidden fangirl in each and everyone of us. hehehe! :-p i'd go crazy if i finally meet Dave Matthews. baka dambahin ko pa nga siya eh. :-p

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger lornadahl commented...

Kaka-inggit naman yang Kodak moment na 'yan. *dabog*

Segue: Hi, u l a n. You made it to the semi-finals of Philippine Blog Awards! *clap* Congrats! =)

 
At 11:50 PM, Blogger Ate Sienna commented...

kakainggit naman... bigla din akong na-excite when i read your blog. hehehe.. projection na lang ako sa happiness mo :)

 
At 11:58 PM, Blogger loryces commented...

Tanya: i agree! and sometimes it's ok to let out your fangirl! squee!

Lornadahl/Ate Sienna: hehe.

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger HanAgiRL commented...

lucky you! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home