loryces online
A Word of Caution

I read this news awhile ago and it seriously creeped me out. According to the article, about three weeks ago, a Secret Service agent visited the house of a certain Livejournal user regarding a nasty post in her LJ about US president Bush. Here's a screen capture of her post -- you need to scroll down a bit to see it. Annie "thought it was a fairly harmless (and rather obvious) attempt at humor in the face of annoyance, and while a couple of people were offended, as is typical behavior from me, I saw something shiny and forgot about it, thinking that the whole thing was over and done and nothing else would come of what I said." Unbeknownst to her, the FBI received a report about this specific blog post and within the week, a Secret Service agent showed up at her mother's door in South Carolina "to talk to me about what I said about the president, as what I said could apparently be misconstrued as a threat to his life." Even though the agent quickly determined that she's not a threat, the whole experience freaked her out (well who wouldn't be?!). Yikes. Some people don't have a sense of humor... and some have more than their fair share. Tch.



* Links from Sarah


2 comment(s):
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Unknown commented...

what the...?! so whatever happened to "freedom of speech/expression"? whatever happened to "the land of the free and the home of the brave"?! HAH!

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger loryces commented...

onga eh. ewan ko ba. freaky di ba?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home