loryces online
Vitamin E and Its "Effects"

I don't like taking vitamin capsules. For one, I hate pills. I almost choked on one when I was little. Second, I once believed that vitamins can make you fat, hence, I didn't take them before (now I know better -- vitamins are noncaloric and don't have fattening substances in them). Third, I believe in getting your vitamins from organic sources like fruits and vegetables. Although I must admit, I rarely get the recommended dietary allowance for each and every vitamin and mineral and so I had to resort to taking those vitamin capsules. One of the vitamin capsules I'm taking right now is Vitamin E.

Vitamin E is said to be a "powerful biological antioxidant*" and has also been shown to "play a role in immune function, in DNA repair, and other metabolic processes*." It is also a widely held belief that vitamin E may help prevent cardiovascular diseases. However, recent studies failed to show the association of increased dietary intake of vitamin E with decreased incidence of cancer, coronary heart disease, and cataracts. In short, vitamin E does not have any significant benefits. Yikes. So what use is vitamin E? Apparently nothing.

Well my throat would be happy. That's one less pill to swallow hehe.




*Information from Office of Dietary Supplements
**More info from Antifaust and Doc Emer