loryces online
Just a Thought

Yikes I haven't noticed that it's been a week since my last post. Ah well blame it on a bout of procrastination (of which I suffer from occasionally).

Been busy with computer-related stuff. You see, a friend of my uncle offered to reformat our hard drive. The measures I took to remove the spyware and adware were not enough and it seems our computer wouldn't be completely devoid of those nasty files. I spent all day yesterday and today compressing our files and folders and I'm not halfway done! I have gigabytes of files and it just hurts me to delete them. Even if I don't have any use for some of these files, I save them anyway, for sentimentality's sake I guess. Do you know how much a pain in the butt (literally) it is to compress the files, upload them to Gmail and to Yahoo briefcase, and then download them when the coast is clear?? It's very tedious. Then again, at least I have the chance of saving our files rather than finding out my PC died on me without saving a single byte. Now that would be horrid.

A thought just occurred to me -- computers are lucky. When programs freeze, all you have to do is wait until somebody hits the Ctrl, Alt, and Del keys and -- voila! -- you're starting up again. And when you're over-ridden with spyware, worms, and viruses, a simple reformat would do the trick and it's like you've been given a clean slate. Hopefully, your owner would learn from his mistakes and protect you from further damage. Sometimes, I truly wish this too could happen in life.

2 comment(s):
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Dr. Emer commented...

Mahirap din if we had the reformat mode in real life --- that would erase both bad and happy memories. Sometimes, when you're alone, it's only the memorie which will keep you afloat. :)

That's also why Alzheimer's such a dreadful disease.

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger loryces commented...

yeah i know. but sometimes, just sometimes, once in a while, i really wish we could do that -- reformat and start anew. of course, mas maganda kung makakapili ka ng memories na pwede mong ialis. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home