loryces online
Heavy Snow Warning

I woke up to a very white morning. It snowed overnight and according to the news, "7 to 10 inches is expected across Dupage and Cook counties (more - we live in Cook county btw)." Yikes. Well it was a beauteous morning, I give you that. All the houses and cars covered with snow... haaay kay ganda! But beware because this seemingly harmless stuff can be quite dangerous in roads and sidewalks, not to mention icky when mixed with mud (duh). Parang slush na brown... ugh. People are advised not to travel when there's a heavy snow warning since snow will reduce visibility and increase the likelihood of skidding. I've experienced this a year ago, when we were going home from a party. The van suddenly slid sideways and it took my uncle at least a minute or two before he regained control of the wheels. For a second, I panicked because I know anything can happen in an icy road.

Whenever we have blizzards or even flurries, the town's public service prepares for an all-out snow-melting procedure. Like today, it has been reported that the City of Chicago recruited 262 trucks onto side streets and roads. They put salt on the roads to help melt the snow. By the time traffic hit the streets, most of them were just mainly wet, which of course greatly reduced the skidding factor thereby less accident-prone. It's a good thing I still don't know how to drive. I don't think I can handle this icy situation from a beginner's stance.

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home