loryces online
Manigong Bagong Taon!



HAPPY NEW YEAR!HAPPY NEW YEAR!HAPPY NEW YEAR!HAPPY NEW YEAR!





New Year in our area has not been much fun compared to the Philippines. Of course, it's a lot less dangerous, what with the Pinoys' love for firecrackers and the like leading to incomplete limbs and sometimes, life. However, I still miss all the New Year noise, even the superstitions. I remember wearing t-shirts with polka dots, jumping up and down, putting coins in my pockets, tying a bunch of grapes on the top doorframe, and placing a tray full of fruits (better kung 'bilog') on the table. I even miss the 'torotot.' Maybe next New Year, I'll be back home in 'Pinas.



EDIT: Found this message from Neil Gaiman:

May your coming year be filled with magic and dreams and good madness. I hope you read some fine books and kiss someone who thinks you're wonderful, and don't to forget make some art -- write or draw or build or sing or live as only you can. And I hope, somewhere in the next year, you surprise yourself.

Sigh. What a guy.