loryces online
Hacked!

Over the past few days, I have received tons of spoofed emails, pretending to be 'official' newsletters from eBay. I have successfully ignored all of them until one particular email caught my attention. It looked very ebay-ish (not to mention, threatening) that I decided to click the link included in the email. According to the email, ebay will suspend my account (I went over the limit) unless I sign up for this 'verification' thing. Of course, naive as I was, I clicked the link and stupidly typed in my username and password. When they started asking about my credit card, I got suspicious becuase I don't have one registered to my ebay account. Ebay should know that, I mused. Needless to say, I immediately closed the browser. Not 'til hours later did I find out how one spoofed email (and stupidity) can hack into your account. When eBay sent me a notice stating the change of my email address registered in my account, warning signs started flashing in my head. Uh-oh. I immediately contacted ebay and, bless them, they responded and changed my password and reset it back to my previous address. Whew that was scary. Serves me right, I guess.

7 comment(s):
At 1:20 AM, Blogger Jet commented...

Hi Loryces! Musta na?

Grabe ha, nakakatakot naman yan. Buti you were able to do some quick thinking. Dami talagang manggagantso sa mundo.

 
At 7:28 PM, Blogger Unknown commented...

I got that exact email (threatening to suspend my account and all)! I deleted it immediately. Hehehe!

 
At 1:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous commented...

Greetings Loryces..This experience of yours now will surely give me a lot warning in the future. I hope many more readers will find out how hackers have become a lot smarter now.

 
At 7:19 AM, Blogger u l a n commented...

hala!

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger Night Moon commented...

geesh, keyloggers and online financial info hacker are everywhere now, thats why i bought a new pc and bombarded it with security softwaRE. even seemingly harmless spywares are not that non-malicious anymore :(

 
At 8:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous commented...

tsk tsk tsk. ebay addict! hehehe. joke lang. *hugs* oi, tuloy ka ba sa C3? :)

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger loryces commented...

oi salamat sa mga comments people! it's been a month since i updated this blog so pardon me for not visiting your sites. it's un-excusable i know. *sheepish grin*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home