loryces online
HP6 Book Cover's Out!


The just-released cover of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince


I've always liked the covers of the Harry Potter series (which is more than I can say for the story itself). Mary Grandpre's works have always fascinated me. Her use of pastels and "soft geometry" appeals to me. She gives depth to JK's characters, more than what I think JK credits them... I used to think that I'll be a Potter-maniac till I die. I was a loyal fan of the books (not much of the movies). I loved the story and the humor and (I think) the wit... until Book 5. JK stretched out the story too thinly, I thought. I was plainly disgusted with the series after that. But somehow, I feel a wee bit excited for Book 6. I just wish, when I read it, JK Rowling would draw me again to the magic of Hogwarts... before I truly turn my back on it and realize it's all a sham. I miss it... truly. Wag sanang masayang ang pera ko sa Book 6.

Interesting note: Mary Grandpre's email username is 'sabriel' which is really cool because I'm a fan of the Abhorsen trilogy and most likely, she is one too. Has she ever done any artworks, I wonder?

3 comment(s):
At 1:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous commented...

Wow, kakaexcite! I bet you preordered already! Thanks for this tip. ;)

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger Ava commented...

uy... bagay sa site niya yung color! green! hehe. sana nga gandahan ni JK yung book 6, para ma-engganyo ka ulit! hehehe!

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger JMom commented...

ha!ha! loryces, it seems we read the same books :-) Read through the Harry Potter series too, and just love the Abhorsen Trilogy. Interesting bit of trivia about Grandpre's user name being Sabriel.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home