loryces online
eBay's addicting!

I can feel the surge of another incoming addiction -- eBay. I have no idea why it took me this long to try it out. Probably because I thought that credit cards and Paypal were the only methods of payment. Guess I was wrong -- personal checks, money orders, and certified checks can be used with some merchants. Uh oh. With my brand-new spanking checking account, I won't be surprised if my banker inquires about the "hyperactivity" of my account. Hehe.

Anyway when my uncle purchased a satellite dish for less than half the original price last month, I admit I was intrigued. I've been hearing a lot of the good deals made in eBay but I never imagined that buying something as expensive as a satellite dish is possible. I gave it a try -- there's no harm in signing up, I mused. Little did I know that five minutes later, I was bidding like crazy. Some of the gadgets I wanted but were unavailable in malls were up for grabs -- at insane prices! Jonathan Strange for less than a dollar?! An Apple iPod mini for $5?!? A PalmOne Treo 600 for $100?!? A Canon PowerShot SD10 for $170?! These are just too good to pass up. Then again, they might be too good to be true... well, I hope not.


EDIT: What I hate about this is the fact that other people can outbid you. (DUH!) Thanks to eSnipe, I can rest easily, knowing that it can place bids for the stuff in my eBay page during the last few seconds of the auction. Mwahaha, tingnan lang natin.

4 comment(s):
At 1:42 AM, Blogger Mitzie commented...

Yeah, I've read about eSnipe at Cnet.com. Seems very useful. Oh, and CNet's a cool site, too.

=)

--Mitzie

 
At 10:44 PM, Blogger lifecafe commented...

uh-oh. dangerous addiction! heheh.

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger yusop commented...

Greetings Loryces...Ebay surely offers great conveniences and pretty good bargain. Its a great new world in narketing.More Power!

 
At 7:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous commented...

Hi Lau,

Wow, you already have a checking account. :) When I got my own credit card, I wanted to buy every cd from my favorites in Tower Records. Haha. I had to EXERCISE huge amounts of restraint.

At the moment, I'm enjoying transacting with e-2-door.com. It's like Amazon.com but deals in Php Pesos when buying stuffs on the Net.

I've visited Ebay before but since Philippines isn't included in the PayPal system, the fad died out. I guess, it depends where one is, one can avail such services.


cyas
Raine

 

Post a Comment

<< Home