loryces online
Fare Thee Well, Xena

“Where you go-- I’m at your side.”

And so it ends.

I have finally seen the last season of one of the most ambitious and amazing shows in television, Xena: Warrior Princess. It may not be a popular show among Filipinos and some may disagree that it's good, much less amazing. Nevertheless this show has been close to my heart ever since its first stint in Hercules: The Legendary Journeys. I can still remember watching the first episode of Xena. I knew I was going to like it. XWP has appealed to me because of two things: 1) Greek mythology and 2) a female action hero in television. These were enough to get me hooked for the next 2 years. Well two, not six years (the entire time it was supposed to go on air), because ABC 5 decided to axe the show. But that didn't stop me from being a fan. I constantly read episode guides from Whoosh and spoiled myself until I can't take it. I scoured the web for pictures about the show. I even joined five mailing lists just to keep me updated. When I migrated here in the US, I finally got my chance to own and complete my Xena DVD collection. And last night, as I've said, I finally saw the last episode. It's gut-wrenching, tear-jerking, and heart-breaking. Sigh.

It has been quite a journey for me. It may have been bittersweet to see them part in the end but I am still happy that I was along for the ride. Hopefully, in the next two or three years, the powers that be will grant us Xenites a Xena movie. Battle on!

3 comment(s):
At 4:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous commented...

Xena! i love Xena!

must find DVD set here. :D

-- rej

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger loryces commented...

oh goodie! you're the first person i know who likes xena! sorry at nagbigay ata ako ng spoiler. i didnt think anyone would be interested about the show. hehe

 
At 1:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous commented...

oh, that's okay, i don't mind. :) i didn't get to watch the later seasons anymore.

greenhills, here i come! find me that DVD set of Xena episodes! *sound of whip cracking*

-- rej

 

Post a Comment

<< Home