loryces online
The Gaiman Event in Manila

The unsweetened, bitter truth: I'm envious of my friends in the Philippines. Especially now when preparations are in full swing for the long-awaited Neil Gaiman in Manila event. (This is probably the fourth time I badly wanted to be home.) The official mailing list for the event has posted mechanics about the planned drawing contest, the book signings, reading and Q&A portions, and a raffle *gasp*. I'm so jealous. If I were there, I'm sure I have a 1% chance of meeting Mr. Neil Gaiman since the population of pure Pinoy Gaiman-iacs is relatively smaller than the US-based fans. But with US signings, my chance is nil. I've never heard of a US signing complete with a raffle, a drawing contest, and a Q&A portion *sob*. More often than not, it's just the reading and/or Q&A and/or signing. No chance at all for poor ol' me to get to know my favorite living author. *sob*

Gosh it hurts not to be part of this. Pathetic as it may sounds but I'm a self-confessed Gaiman-iac and to miss out on all these is beyond punishment. This is pure torture. I think I might have to turn off my subscription on the ML *sob* seriously.

3 comment(s):
At 10:56 PM, Blogger Dr. Emer commented...

If I'm not busy, I'll try to get you some pics. Hindi para inggitin ka ha. Thanks for the link, I've already signed up. :)

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger loryces commented...

thanks manong! :D

 
At 2:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous commented...

Hi Laurice, long time no see. Just wanted to thank you for the link ... like Doc Emer, I've signed up na rin. My cousin and brother and I will try to get you some pics as well :-)

Tin
http://www.stannum.net/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home