loryces online
Road Kill

Had my first driving lesson today. 'Twas my first time to sit in the driver's seat, turn on the ignition, operate the clutch, and grasp a steering wheel. For a brief moment, I felt euphoric, which of course, turned to pure panic when my instructor told me to drive. He was sort of amused when I gave him a grief-stricken look. I guess he gets that from other newbie drivers as well. Anyway linakasan ko na lang ang loob ko, and boy, was I hilarious/scared/edgy or what! The first time I saw a vehicle approaching me from the other direction, I stopped in the middle of the road, thinking stupidly "Paunahin ko muna sya." The first time I maneuvered a turn, I almost hit a tree. And the first time I backed up, I think I almost killed a squirrel. Sheesh. And who said driving was easy?! Well I guess it is, once you've practiced enough. Haaay can't wait to feel confident enough to try driving in public roads and highways.

5 comment(s):
At 12:59 PM, Blogger Nikki commented...

:) heheh.. better than almost falling into a ditch ;). I've been here for 5 years, pero takot pa rin ako! -- thus, no license! Good luck!

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger loryces commented...

naku 5 years ka na dito, takot ka pa rin?? pano na ko??? huhu. :'(

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger sublime wanderer commented...

hi laurice! hehehe...goodluck on your driving lessons. ako kakaaral ko pa ring magdrive last march.. kabado syempre sa umpisa pero in the end, naaaliw na ko kasi sarap magroad trip lalo na pag walang trafik!hehehe..ngayon, dinadala ko na yung sasakyan hanggang sa office namin pero im still guided by my dad. ;)

 
At 6:34 AM, Blogger Unknown commented...

like i said, once you're used to it, it's gonna be instinct. lalo na for automatic vehicles. :)

 
At 6:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous commented...

just think of all the possibilities when you can drive! ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home