loryces online
Scared to Drive

Image hosting by Photobucket I'm still too scared to drive. Every time someone asks me to pick them up or drop them off at a certain destination, I swear my hands go cold and I feel myself shaking. Sometimes I miss the days when I didn't have any choice but to walk to the bus station. It was tiring, mind you, but I didn't have to suffer any pre-driving anxiety. All I had to do was endure the 1-mile walk, wait until the bus comes along, pay for my fare, and sit contentedly. It was limiting, yes, but at least I felt safe. At least I had my comfort zone, my security blanket so to speak. But that's all changed. Now that I'm driving, I feel vulnerable and helpless. It's more than being outside my comfort zone. It's a totally different territory. It's my war zone. I'm so terrified of driving that, at this point, I simply refuse to drive if no one will accompany me. I know that it's my own fear that's limiting my abilities but I can't help it. I'm really terrified.


Prayer for Loryces the Driver


Please Lord, watch over me this day.
Please help me remember to watch all
three mirrors, six windows,
five faces, three lanes of
traffic and to keep a third eye
open for wobbling bicycles and
day-dreaming pedestrians, especially
teenagers wearing headsets who are
in another world.


Please Lord, help me hear all train
whistles, truck and car horns,
police sirens and my brother,
who bless his heart, have been
my constant driving guide.


Please Lord, give me a hand for the
signal turner, the steering wheel, the
route book, the windshield lever and
the stickshift.


Please Lord, protect me against my own follies,
foibles, faults, stupidities and mistakes,
as well as against those of others.
Protect my car against mechanical failures
and situations I can not control
especially the cold weather.


And Lord, please grant me the self-control
a steady hand and watchful eye, that
none shall be hurt as I pass by.


And finally Lord, please watch over
me so I can do it again.


modified from
A Bus Driver's Prayer
and Timid Driver's Prayer

3 comment(s):
At 9:43 PM, Blogger Unknown commented...

Of course, you can do it again. Sabi nga nung isang ad, Face your fears, live your dreams. :)

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger loryces commented...

thanks although i cant help but feel this way. :( i'm terrified.

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger kikaygal commented...

sis, it's gonna be okay. :) You're a newbie pa lang naman kasi when it comes to driving eh. I bet sina tita ganyan din dati noh. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home