loryces online
And so it begins...

Last semester... yaiks the end (or the beginning - whichever way you want to look at it) is so near. I can almost feel my airway constrict, my bile rise up, and my heart develop PVCs1. In a few months, my fate will be decided. I can't bear to look ahead and dream. Right now, I'm just focusing on passing this dreaded Critical Care subject and maybe after that, I can look forward to what's coming around the bend. I have yet to familiarize myself with the different ECG rhythms and differentiate which is which. It's pretty interesting really, as long as you don't muck it up in the exams. There's the V-tach (QRS complexes only, pt has no pulse), A-fib (atria's not contracting so formation of clots is high), A-flutter (sawtooth waves, I'm guessing mechanism is same thing as A-fib), and V-fib (no ventricular contraction, no cardiac output so perfusion to all parts of the body ceases). There are tons more; I would blog it but seeing as how confusing and boring it is, I might as well lose the few readers who still has the patience to drop by. *grin* Anyway, the other day, one of my classmates got a chance to rotate in the operating room and observe an open heart surgery. She was raving about it when she joined us for post-conference. It's a pity I wouldn't be assigned to the OR. O sya la na ko makwento. My thoughts are jumbled and I think this blog is all over the place. Let's see tomorrow if I can fix it. Too much info over a few days2 ... sigh.








_____________
1 PVCs or premature ventricular contractions - heart's ventricles contract too quickly, sometimes called a skipped beat; usually common when individuals are under a lot of stress
2
Exam namin tom

5 comment(s):
At 9:32 PM, Blogger Unknown commented...

best of luck and all God's blessings. :)

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger Dr. Emer commented...

Kaya mo yan. Ikaw pa! :)

 
At 1:04 AM, Blogger u l a n commented...

good luck, lau! sana wag ka masyadong madalas mag-online ha? *grin*

hehehe.

=) ian

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Cathy Young commented...

Howdy!

I found your site when, out of idle curiosity, I googled for Ayn Rand and Xena (being a fan of both myself).

Anyway, having briefly scanned your site I have to say you sound like a really cool person! I also love books and have been meaning to check out Neil Gaiman.

I'd love to chat sometime, maybe I'll try you on YM? Also, I'd like to invite you to check out a Xena message board I co-moderate:

http://p209.ezboard.com/bxwpweb

Good luck with everything!

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger loryces commented...

karen: thanks!

ulan: thanks din! don't worry i won't. *grin*

doc: *blush* thanks!

cathy: me? a cool person? well uhm thanks i guess! :D sure i'll drop by your forum. thanks for visiting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home