loryces online
Effing Ridiculous

I've said it before, I will say it again: THIS IS BEYOND RIDICULOUS!!! Neil Gaiman is coming to Chicago on Sept 22 to do a signing on his new book Anansi Boys. And once again, by a wicked twist of fate (or someone's cruel sense of humor), I'm unable to go. I don't understand it. At first, it seems the universe is conspiring in my favor:

  • Even though I have classes during Thursdays, we usually finish around 7 pm (was 9pm a semester ago). Signing starts at 7:30p. I might not be the first in line but I will have enough time to meet Neil.

  • I finally know how to drive.

  • We have a car, complete with that blasted insurance policy.

  • My brother or sister can accompany me; she can take my picture while I oggle Neil.

  • Anderson's Bookshop is merely 30 minutes from my place.


But of course, all these are rendered insignificant by my parents. "You can't drive yet." "You have to practice first." "" Ano ba? Nakakainis ha. How can I practice driving if you won't even let me near the car? Grrr.

You know, I think I would have been happier if the reason of me being unable to go to Neil's signing is something other than what my parents told me. It would have been less irritating... and less disappointing.

10 comment(s):
At 6:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous commented...

i can accompany you, just say please,hehehehe and oh by the way, you have to feed me if i'm coming with you,hehehehe just kidding...

 
At 10:24 PM, Blogger Unknown commented...

WTF?! NO WAY!!!
Lau, if they won't allow you to drive. Just walk. I will if I were you. It's gonna be worth it. =)

 
At 10:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous commented...

Nagcomment pala ako sa old entry mo, ahaha!

Anyway, magmakaawa ka. LOL. :D Sana ay ma-meet mo na siya. :)

 
At 6:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous commented...

samahan kita lau - dane

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger loryces commented...

liza: narinig mo naman ang sabi ng mommy *sniff*

karen: wtf tlga! *sniff*

angela: nagmakaawa na ko.. to no avail *sniff*

dane: sayang dane. mamya na yung signing eh. *sniff*

 
At 2:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous commented...

tinatawagan ko yung no. mo.. not in service daw. (---) --- 8854? - dane

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger loryces commented...

dane: san mo naman nakuha yung 8854? ah baka yan yung number ko before. i emailed you my new one and my landline. email mo sa kin landline mo and i'll call you from work.

 
At 12:06 AM, Blogger u l a n commented...

papuntahin na lang natin si neil sa inyo. handa ka lang ng maraming calamansi juice. ano, game ka?

hehehe

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger Dr. Emer commented...

so, did you get to see him?

here's a picture when he was in new jersey on the way to chicago..... its from my friend durga who's also true sandman fan!

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger loryces commented...

ulan: sure ba! hehehe.

doc: di po eh huhu.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home