loryces online
Skydiving

I got an email from a classmate yesterday about her plans of going skydiving next month. If not for our financial need, I would jump (pun intended) at the chance. It’s one of the things I’d like to experience and cross off my to-do-before-I-die list but I don't think I'll do it. It's a pity really because everything seems to be falling into place.

  • Someone I know will be with me. I don't have to do it alone. Wouldn't you agree that it'll be nice to have someone other than the instructor to push my ass off?

  • It's a once-in-a-lifetime event!

  • I can sort of afford it (but I don't think it's a wise decision to take out half of my savings just for a moment of exhiliration).

  • I think the date is scheduled right after an exam, which is indeed a good opportunity to purge my frustrations.

  • Skydive Chicago offers tandem skydiving which allows the flyer to make the initial skydive with an instructor harnessed to the back. (I guess I can handle that.) Also, from what I read in their FAQs, Skydive Chicago is using all methods possible to ensure the safety of their customers such as computerized automatic activation devices (when you forget to open the parachute) and ram air canopies (which makes landing as smooth as possible).


Sigh. Enough reasons to try it right? Not. I can't do it, not with my family's financial status at the moment. I guess there's always next time. Wish I could do it with my friends when the time comes.

4 comment(s):
At 10:18 PM, Blogger Unknown commented...

I would jump only if Orlando Bloom jumps with me. LOL! Lau, I miss you! =)

 
At 1:36 AM, Blogger sublime wanderer commented...

hay. gusto ko rin mag sky dive, as in. ive tried scuba diving so gusto ko ma-try ko rin ngayon lumipad. :D

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger loryces commented...

karen: miss you too! :)

newsie: sabay tayo. :D

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger lifecafe commented...

sana mabasa mo pa 'to... if you ever come back home, i'd love to skydive with you. i have a friend who is/used to be an instructor. =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home