loryces online
I ♥ Home Health... NOT!!!

"You gain strength, courage & confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do. The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly & without fear for newer & richer experience."
Anna Eleanor Roosevelt



I hate Home Health. This is by far the worst clinical setting I've ever had. Not that there's anything wrong with the nurses or the caseload but the mere fact that we are expected to drive to some God-forsaken place is enough for me to pronounce Home Health as my most hated course of all. What really riles me up is how inconsiderate our lead instructor is about our predicament. Is it too much to ask her to consider where the students are coming from when assigning locations and assignments? A peek at our addresses is not that hard. You would think it's a big factor she takes into account but I'm guessing it's not or I wouldn't be blogging about how I hate Home Health in the first place. Sigh...

You know, I really can't do this anymore. Driving to Libertyville, a 20-mile ride was a piece of cake (although I didn't think so yesterday) but driving from Libertyville to Waukegan and Zion is insane. We weren't allowed to ride with our nurses so having a car is mandatory. I had no choice but to follow her through expressways and busy roads and 60 mph-speed ways (and all those were first times for me). God it scared the shit out of me. I was crying part of the way (really) because it was just too much. I thought the drive to Libertyville was scary. Nobody told me it was the easy part and that there was more (hell) to come. When we were done with the last patient, my nurse told me that she's not coming back to the main office but will be going home. I swear I had tears in my eyes and through them, I asked her how I can get out of Zion back to civilization. Thank God her directions were not that hard to follow. I arrived at our home, safe and sound but emotionally and mentally scathed.

To think we have 6 more clinicals...

Oh God help me. *sniff*


______
*Picture taken using Treo 600

2 comment(s):
At 10:25 PM, Blogger Unknown commented...

*hugs*

hey... that's fine... it'll be fine. you'll get used to it. at least you're not here in pinas with all the traffic and the basagulerong drivers! :)

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger loryces commented...

sabagay... pero katakot pa rin talaga eh :-S

 

Post a Comment

<< Home